Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Third Option

What would you do if you were seeing someone and things seemed well, but then your ex whom you've recently gotten over has come back into your life? And no, I’m not talking about me, lol, I never look back. Someone close to me has this dilemma.  

Healing FULLY after a breakup is important. I don’t believe in seeing other people to get over someone. We’re all much stronger than that. Pat* fell in love with the rebound.  But in recent events Pat’s ex has come back not knowing about the new love. Pat has not told Ex about New Love but New Love knows about Ex. After discussing this, I did get somewhat to the heart of the matter. New Love is good person and even thought Pat has slight reservations regarding New Love, Pat feels that if they break up and New Love leaves then what if that was Pat’s only chance to be with someone who is as good as Pat has been with.

So to review we have Pat with strong feelings for New Love but also letting Ex come in through a crack in the relationship, not fully but ever so slightly. Of course I sat back and let Pat be Pat. But I did leave on this note: Just because you didn't choose Ex doesn't mean you have to choose New Love. There is always that third option. Neither. 


I can see Pat struggles with feelings of loneliness.  People make mistakes and get involved with the wrong people because of those feelings. Sometimes they find the right one but their desperation and clinginess is a turn off and the other person runs.  


I hope things turn out well for Pat in the end. I don’t want to see anyone I care about hurt or confused. Just remember, sometimes door #3 is you.  You deserve the best. 

*I'm trying to remain as vague as possible on gender. Unisex name it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment