Sunday, January 20, 2013

Untitled Poem

     What I love about writing is that it's my release, it's my art. It allows me to go crazy when I'm disciplined in other areas of my life. Below is one of my recent poems. I had to post it here because I'm paranoid it might get stolen. I posted earlier and I've decided to rewrite it for my younger audience. You can view the original here. I usually write and then rip my original to shreds and tweak it. There's always a lot of tweaking. lol But here it is:



I'm not ready for our lives to change
Thought we were kindred spirits
We had an agreement
I won't do this anymore
I don’t want to lose everything I worked for
You won’t get any closer than arm’s length
I can’t be what you want me to be
Thought you understood
You’re special but there will always be more like you.
You have my laughter, my tears
but you can’t have my soul, 
And you can’t keep me
I’m not ready for our lives to change, 
I liked things the way they were
And you had to go and ruin it
Had to want more
I'm not ready for our lives to change




     Mainly it's about a somewhat relationship that the other person is changing and the speaker doesn't want it to change. Sometimes you just want to have someone to call and discuss your day with them and then hang up the phone and go about your business. You want that shoulder to cry on and someone to crack up with you.  Not everyone is in a position to be serious with someone. And sometimes the other person is just too intense and too hellbent on being an item. If the other person is willing to wait, then fine. If not then that changes things. Well there it is. Just had to put it out there. Until next time fellow poets!









No comments:

Post a Comment